THE BAPTIST CEMETERY
IN THE VILLAGE OF NORTH LANCASTER, ONTARIO
Located in the village ot North Lancaster on concession road 5, north side of road as you go into to the village. The stones were/are mostly in the shrubry that surrounds the lot which is/was an empty field. Size about 100 by a 100 feet. It is abandoned and in the early 1900's there was a Baptist Church standing in or near this lot.
- CHARLES PROCTOR 1860 - 1936. LUCY PROCTOR 1862 - 1932
" REST IN PEACE. "
- JOHN PETER MCARTHUR 1853 - 1931.
- D. A. MCARTHUR SON OF ARTHUR & CHRISTENA MCARTHUR DIED DEC 21 1881 AGED 19 YRS & 9 MONTHS.
" I SHALL KNOW THE LORD WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE AND JOYFULL SLEEP WILL THE MEETING BE, THEN OVER THE RIVER, THE PEACEFUL RIVER THE ANGEL OF DEATH SHALL CARRY ME. WEEP NOT FOR ME MY PARENTS DEAR, I AM NOT DEAD BUT SLEEPING HERE."
- IN LOVING MEMORY OF PETER MCARTHUR DIED DEC 30 1899, AGED 80 YRS. ALSO HIS BELOVED WIFE CHRISTY MCGREGOR DIED FEB 15, 1910, AGED 84 YRS.
" BLESSED ARE THE DEAD, WHICH DIE IN THE LORD. "
- IN MEMORY OF MARGARET MCARTHUR 1860 - 1948.
" SWEET BE THY REST "
Back to Lonely Stones
From the Files of Alex Fraser
Page Created June 10.01